• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanner List is not being updated for use and does not work in Acrobat PRO DC

Explorer ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My scanner natively works after updating to Mac Big Sur (latest  version) but cannot get a document to scan.

Interestingly when I delete the scanner the scanner list is not being updated in those available Acrobat PRO DC - How to reset the scanners in Adobe ? I have updated the driver for my EPSON FF-680W and confirm it works ...

Thanks

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Halina,

Just so you know, when you are scanning from within Acrobat Pro, you are using Apple's "Image Capture." Acrobat has no scanning capability whatsoever.

You are far better off scanning directly from your Epson scanner, saving to (say) your Desktop, and processing in Acrobat at your convenience. The quality of Image Capture's scanning is a well-known fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really ? Good To Know - that has been my work around solution to scan from Epson - didn't realise it was the better approach - thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to see the difference, take any image, put it under Image Capture, no adjustments, and generate a scan. Now do the same thing with the Epson software. Compare.

Next, do the same thing with as much adjustment as you can do. Again, compare. 

You'll never use Image Capture again unless you're showing people how bad it is.

If you could please tap the "Correct Answer" for my comment above, it will help others looking for the same issue. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd still like to fix the issue of not being able to scan from adobe though....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fair enough, but are you sure you want to be able to scan bad scans from Acrobat?

Please read this first:

http://photosbycoyne.com/Gary's_Help/Scanning/clean-scanning.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines