• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanning in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Continuous Release 2022.002.20191

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my iMac desktop to Monterey OS 12.5.1.  This change resulted in my no longer being able to use Adobe Acrobat Pro 11.0.23, an application that interacted well with my Canon MG8220 printer/scanner.

Therefore, I installed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Continuous Release 2022.002.20191.

Now when I try to scan a document (create pdf from scanner), with Acrobat set for Canon MG8220, I initiate a scan in basic mode (or advanced mode) and the scanning window opens.  Then I ask for a Preview prior to scanning.  The scanner scans but no preview appears in the Adobe scan window.  I am not given the option of scanning the document either (button does not light up).  If I try to close the window, I get a message that offers the options “ok” or “learn more”.  Selecting either option causes Acrobat to freeze, the only resort being a Force Quit of the program.

The scanner works fine with VueScan software on the same Mac.

Interestingly, if I do NOT ask for a preview (as above) but go directly to “scan” (without seeing any “preview”, I get a scanned pdf in result.

So, the root problem seems to be an inability to do the Preview step and, consequently, I cannot set the scan area based on the preview and only get the full-page scan.

Any advice?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Daniel25923037ftjg 

We are sorry for the delayed response. As described the application hangs when you try to scan the PDF with a preview, please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html and see if that works.

Also please check for any missing/pending updates for the printer/scanner driver and firmware and try updating it and check.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines