Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanning only the first page of multiple documents with action wizard

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been trying to solve this problem for a couple of weeks with information from the internet and have not been able to.

I have thousands of documents of which I would like to scan only the first page of each one and then save that single page as a separate document renamed with "OCR_" + "original name".

I have found the following javascript code to save only the first page of a document:

this.extractPages(0, 0, this.path.replace(/\.pdf$/i, "_p1.pdf"));

but I can't manage to add the step of scanning only that page before saving it.

Could someone help me?

Thank you very much in advance.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , JavaScript , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put only the first page in the scanner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I configure this? I have thousands of documents and I want a process configured through action wizard, that opens the first document (of 200 pages) scan only the first one and save it separately, then repeat the same procedure for the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry I did not express myself well, the documents are in PDF image format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does you mean with "scan" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I didn't express myself well, the documents are in PDF image format. What I mean by "scan" is to apply the OCR scan function to the images to convert them into searchable text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't perform the Recognize Text command with JS (at least not fully automatically). If you're using Actions you would need to first extract all the first pages of the files (possibly to a different folder), then (using another Action) run Recognize Text on them, and merge them back into the originals (based on the file-name), and remove the old pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines