Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanning to PDF adds lines

New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have some weird problem. When scanning design, I get diagonal lines across walls. Does anyone have idea how to fix it or why it's happening? I've attached pdf and marked lines... they are not in original drawing.

Thanks alot in advance.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dusan,

Yes, that's weird! My first guess is that it's some sort of moire issue. When you scan can you see anything for removing moire?

But back to a source issue: are you creating these drawings in-house or are you receiving completed drawings? If you are creating these drawings, can you generate a PDF from within your drawing software (and thereby bypass the issue from the onset)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

We just receive them, annoying part is that my colegue scanns it perfectly as it should be. I'll attach how it look when he does the scan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dusan,

OK, I'm confused: if you get a scan already in without the errant lines, why are you scanning again? 

If they are coming in as paper, and your colleague scans them without issue, what kind of scanner is he using, how is he saving them (from the scanner), and is he scanning and saving from within Acrobat?

And please answer all of those questions for your actions as well.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how do you scan? What app do you use, what menu or buttons do you press? There are many ways to scan to PDF, only some of them use Adobe tech.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines