• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanning

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working with an user that has a Fujitsu 7030 scanner. He's wanting to scan into his Acrobat Pro by just hitting the "scan" button on his scanner. However, Adobe Acrobat doesn't know up as an available program when pressing the button. Any ideas? I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Acrobat.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kellie,

It’s been a while since I used a Fujiscan (sorry, I do not remember the model #). But, with limited knowledge of the interaction of TWAIN between the computer and the scanner, my guess is “probably not.

However, that does not mean that you cannot take advantage of both. The FujiScan software does a great job of running the scanner. Depending on the size and quality of the fonts in the document, you should choose a minimum of 300 ppi for larger text fonts or 600 ppi for smaller text fonts. (Smaller text needs more pixels for OCR accuracy.)

I found the speed and scan quality of the FujiScan to be amazing. The one caveat was that the quality of the OCR was not very good, and the size of the final documents was profoundly bloated. Doing the OCR in Acrobat produced significantly better results, and the size of the documents was what one would hope to see.

One of the annoying aspects of Acrobat’s OCR process is that it can’t run in the background. So, doing anything else, like reading email or looking at web pages while letting the OCR process continue, was not really possible because, after every page, Acrobat would jump in front of whatever you were looking at and let you know that another page was done. (Sheesh!)

So, what I did was scan all morning and then let Acrobat do its thing while I went to lunch. At the end of the day, I set up Acrobat to process pages after I left for home.

So, to sum up: use the FujiScan software to do the scanning. Have the documents that FujiScan generates saved to an easily accessible location, such as your Desktop. Then, point Acrobat to the folder containing the current batch of scanned documents and let it OCR them. That way, you get the best of both worlds.

You will need to rename these documents yourself, there is auto-naming.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the advice! I apologize, I should have been clearer in my original post. This had been working previously (pressing the scan button on the machine to scan into Adobe Acrobat). Our business recently changed to an enterprise system for the license, and this user had some trouble with the transition, so in the process I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat. That is when he lost the ability to just hit the button to scan straight into Adobe. So nothing changed in terms of the scanner or drivers.

He can also go into Acrobat and select Create and then scan from there no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines