• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling is Very Laggy: the Long-lasting Acrobat Pro DC bug!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my super-fast Win 10 64-bit computer (top of the pile), Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (latest version), this old known bug is still reproduced: When reading a PDF file, continuous view, scrolling is laggy:

1) When scrolling with my finger using my touch screen it scrolls a bit, then get stuck for a second or two, then scrolls a bit more, etc.

Sometimes for half a second it shows the black ribbon in the right bottom page saying something like |converting scanned image ..."

2) When using the Pg Down key, things can get laggy while scrolling, but then one need to use the bug fix mentioned here to solve it: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-scrolling-is-incredibly-laggy-and-slow/m-p/10652846

Namely, press CTRL-H twice.

Any help? Does Adobe work on fixing this recurring bug in its most basic functionality?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the scrolling is laggy.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDF files? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer first and check again.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To heck the version number go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.05.20060 installed (Win Only). Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also go to Edit > Preferences > Page Display > Under rendering, Uncheck 'Use Page Cache' > Click OK and reboot the computer once and see if that makes any difference.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks for your help, however the problem still persists: it is for ANY file, and it doesn't help to uncheck Use Page Cache.

As I've said before it is probably a long-standing bug in acrobat. Everything is smooth on any other PDF viewer. And I think it is really a crucial bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the old trick against this bug, namely, pressing CTRL-H twice. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

This is another evident that there is a bug right at the heart of Acrobat's reading engine. (Which I think is quite amazing TBH.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every now and then, I will experience this, and usually it's because my OS is running something that I wasn't aware, such as an update or virus scan.  Next time you experience it, I'd open up your task manager and see if there's a process eating up your resources.  Just a thought.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I've tried to see if there's anything like this, and unfortunately my this bug occurs regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing the sample PDF file so that we can check it at our end. https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Thanks

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now shared it and created a link. But I don't know how to actually get the link to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

You may create an anonymous or public link. Click Get A Link > Click Copy Linkand paste the link the reply.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines