• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search by page title not page number

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have an open PDF file with hundreds of pages, each page titled with its proper name,

I know I can search by page number, but that doesn't help me in this case, because I am searching for the pages by its title.

How can I search by page (name) or title?

Appreciation

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

You can't search for labels, but you can just type the label in the navigation bar, and it will go to that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

I just saw the previous replies and noticed the 8-character limit. I guess the developers never thought longer labels will be used. There is a workaround, though. I wrote a script that will take you to the page matching the label you enter, at any length. You can get it for FREE from here: https://www.payloadz.com/d1/?id=3379477

It will add a new menu item under Edit that will allow you to enter the page label you're searching for, and if it exists, it will jump to that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know the words in the document, be they a title or just text in the document, you can do a basic Find with Command/Control-f or an advanced search with Shift-Control/Command-f.

Is that what you're looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know every title of the pages, I have them in a separate excel table.

By copying and past them in the Find dialog box or in the page numrbing case, none of them works.

the page titles are long strings like 278-PI-010, STPD-PI-001, 2162-100-02C5,... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't search for page labels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay and thanks for the straight answer.

If there is a solution for this it would be big benefit for this case, despite glancing through them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't search for labels, but you can just type the label in the navigation bar, and it will go to that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Go To Page is what I am looking for,

But Can I add it to the ribbon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already there in your screen shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(You even drew a ring around it!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right,

but if I use it as pop-up window (Cntrl+Shift+N) it works then if I use the one that built-up in the ribbon it accept only 8 charcteres when past or enter them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can just enter the page title into the toolbar at the top and press Enter and it will go to that page...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw the previous replies and noticed the 8-character limit. I guess the developers never thought longer labels will be used. There is a workaround, though. I wrote a script that will take you to the page matching the label you enter, at any length. You can get it for FREE from here: https://www.payloadz.com/d1/?id=3379477

It will add a new menu item under Edit that will allow you to enter the page label you're searching for, and if it exists, it will jump to that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @try67 thanks and apreciate for the script,

However it's limited to 8 charactere only when using that command from the builtup ribbon (See attached 1), But when use "Cntrl+shift+N" a "Go To Page" small window pops-up (see attached 2) when we can use up to 32 charactere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines