• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching on color

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it possible to search multiple .pdf files for files containing a specific color.

I know I can search for text usage in multiple documents, but I specifically want to find documents that contain green or red, for example

Marco25656891hbzw_0-1660577134292.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're asking if this can be executed from Acrobat in order to interact with the operating system and search for files in folders, I'm not sure if it is possible.

If it is possible, I would guess that it could be done with a plugin to search for anotations with specific colors, or some sort of batch action developed with Acrobat JavaScript (but I am not sure, so don't fully quote me on this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A script can only search for colors that are a part of a field or an annotation (comment). It can't search the static contents of a field for any color information. It might be possible using the Preflight tool, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat can't natively do this however 3rd party tools such as Enfocus Pitstop could do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines