Security Concern

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that if a recipient of an Adobe Signature request sends that email to someone else, the new recipient can click on the link in that email and sign the contract as if they were the original person requested to sign.No, i don't mean "delegate" either.  How is that possible?

At first, I thought this was a fluke, and I did a test. Two co-workers with individual Adobe DC accounts = I had one send a signature request through Adobe Sign to the other. The recipient did not sign but instead emailed that original email to me. I was able to open it and click the sign here button, and it did not put my signature on it (which would be the case if it was "delegated". Instead, it put the signature of the original person it was sent to. Then both parties received an email saying it was signed by the original receipient.  Your competitors have the same issue. Has this ever come up before? Does this also happen in the enterprise version? Am i the only person that see this as a possible issue espeically concerning legal documents? Inquiring minds would like to know if anyone else has experienced this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the forum for Adobe Acrobat Sign.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines