Security password for encrypted documents

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am required by my work to encrypt secure documents using ONLY 5 characters.  I have already completed 2 of the work-arounds suggested, researched this extensively on the forums, in addition to having a phone call with a representative whom at the time, reverted my current version of the program to an older one; all solutions were to no avail. I have made several attempts with saving new modifications under password settings (following the steps directly from the website),  yet it will still prompt me for 6 characters.

I need to know how can I resolve this.  Is there a specific program I need? Is there any other known work-around which is actually successful?   I use Windows on a Microsoft Surface Book.  ANY advice would be much appreciated, this is extremely frustrating and what was always a relatively simple and quick task has now become incredibly time consuming.  Adobe:   I truly do not undertand why you would make such a restrictive change and make matters more complicated for your consumers. 😕

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your app version. Perhaps the older version did an auto-update. Meanwhile tell your company their standard needs updating. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While I agree that using 5 characters (or less, of course) for a password is reckless, Adobe should not be telling people how to behave with their files. If they want to be reckless, that's their issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines