• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Security settings change when copy PDF

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  I copy PDF docs l receive and then via "Organise Pages" remove any pages l don't need to use and edit data which l then use out onsite via a different device.  When l copy the original PDF the "Security - Group or user names" remain the same, however once l organise pages or edit the newly created PDF the user names change and the doc is only available on the PC it was created on.  I have to manually go to Properties > Security > Edit and add "Everyone".
I'm on the current version of Adobe and have been doing this for a few months however believe this problem only started in January.

If l extract the pages it doesn't seem to be an issue, however l prefer the method of copying the complete file.

Is there a way to ensure all new copy PDF's (including any edits) are available to "everyone"?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually l have same issue if l extract and edit the file, it changes security settings to no longer be "everyone".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Acrobat forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this issue resolved? If so I would like to know how. I am having the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes l resolved it, well my IT consultant did.  He had to change the settings on my folders on my PC to give access/permissions.  It hadn't been an issue prior so can only presume it was as a result of a Windows/Microsoft update.  So wasn't an Adobe fault in the end.  Good Luck, its frustrating until sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines