• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Security Warning when opening .pdx files I've compiled myself

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with a large documentation set and have created multiple indexes to be able to quickly search content for keywords, etc. across this massive set of data.

Since some time, doubleclicking any of the numerous .pdx files (I've created myself with Adobe Catalog) I'm presented with a modal security warning dialog.

---------------------------
Security Warning
The operation you are trying to perform potentially requires read access to your drives. Do you want to allow this operation?
Allow Block

Can this warning be disabled (I'm the creator of those .pdx files) so that I get to the search with one step less (having to click on "Allow")?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the preferences of Acrobat disable the protection mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danke Bernd.

I'm new to this "Protection Mode" and have fiddled around some with it without success, e.g. I tried to insert the .pdx folder path as "trusted location" but it didn't work. Isn't there any finer granularity than bluntly calling for "firewall off"? Can't I disable the .pdx inspection only instead of tearing down everything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan38115767bgmu,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please let us know if you have started experiencing this behavior recently. Share the Acrobat and OS version.

Could you confirm if it happens with other files or a particular one?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm clearing the "Enable Protected Mode at startup" in preferences help.

This problem strike indexes I created several years ago on one of my older and now retired corporate laptops (I occasionally rebuild the indexes as needed) as well as indexes I create as new today on a one month old corporate laptop running Windows 11 (23H2 OS build 22631.3593) where I just recently installed Adobe (24.002.20759)

This problem should easily be reproducible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you going to follow up on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines