Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select default printer

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use Acrobat pro DC (2021.007.20099) on my Mac (Monterey 12.01.1) and have the problem that the default printer by the operating systemis not selected from Acrobat.
The standard printer works fine from other applications and is selected immediately. But a different printer is always suggested for Acrobat. If I then select the default printer, it will be used - as long as the Acrobat app remains open. If I close the app and then open a PDF again, the wrong printer is suggested again.

Does any of you have an idea what I can try?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print and prepress , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

I too have had the same problem, with Acrobat defaulting to my 'Dymo' before the default 'FX'. I tried renaming the Dymo, and that didn't work (the 'Device Name' retained "DYMO" at the front).

What did work:

1. Remove the Dymo

2. Add it back in again, but removing the word 'Dymo' from the printer name. Doing so meant that the Device Name became 'LabelWriter 450' - the DYMO at the front has disappeared.

It now defaults to the FX..... printer as it's Device Name is now alphabetically before the Dymo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

I had to fully remove the printer and add it again. On my Monterey, it appears to be sorting by "Device Name" and as you can see from this screenshot, that name can't be edited, but it *CAN* be edited at the time of installation.

The second screen shot is my Dymo, which I removed the "Dymo" from at the beginning to send it further down the line, it's the only way it worked for me.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 9.21.41 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 9.23.42 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

It's fixed for me as well on Build 20112!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 106 Replies 106
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fixed for me as well on Build 20112!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for me. Just confirmed I have 20112 and it's still using my non-default printer. Yikes! You wouldn't think this would be brain surgery!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it is NOT fixed for me either. I have Acrobat Pro DC build 20112 as well...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for us, either. In fact, I had our employee append an underscore to the name of the printer she wanted at the top of the list and that worked. For a few days. Suddenly, it isn't working and the printer with the '_' is down on the list. I've tested that with other non-Adobe apps and it works as it should. Only Adobe ID is having this issue.

I guess, like everything else Adobe, they will just have to work around the bugs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "Only Adobe ID", I mean for us. I think this is happening in other Adobe apps for others.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for the addendums; I am juggling a couple of adobe products that are having issues. This specific problem is with Adobe Acrobat (CC) for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since Monterey was launched on October 25 and my version of Acrobat was released on October 12, I wasn't sure. It's hardly a coincidence, though, that we are all talking about the same Mac OS version and issue.

Strangely, delayed printing is the only printing issue mentioned.

https://www.printsupportusa.com/how-to-find-printer-ip-address-on-windows-and-mac/

I wonder if the Standard and Pro versions experience the same issue; perhaps paid versions to receive preference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines