Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Self-grading test

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking for a way to create a self-grading form. The company I work for sends out language test to candidates, which we have to go through and manually correct. I would like to automate this process and have the score calculated. I don't mind having to do quite a bit of  prep work on my end but it needs to be as simple and quick to use for my colleagues as possible.

I have looked into the distribution feature, but I don't know if it can calculate the grade for us, or if maybe some Javascript is in order (for which I'd appreciate some guidance).

How could I do that? 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

You can set export value of dropdown field under dropdown field properties ⇾ options tab, when you write 'item' under 'export value' write a score number you wish for that item, then click 'add', then you can calculate total score with a script.

For plain text, set a text field for a user to write their answer in it, then you can check with a script if the answer is correct or not, inside script you can also set variables with different scores if the answer is correct or wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use radio buttons, checkboxes or dropdown fields you can set the export value to be score  points, in case of dropdown and checkbox or 'choice' in case of radio buttons. You need to describe how the scoring  works if you want further help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have some multiple-choice questions I will set up as dropdown fields, but I also have some where the candidate needs to write down the answer. An example of one of these questions is "correct the spelling if necessary" with a dozen words (misspelled or not) and the person needs to identify and correct it. We can't do it with dropdown fields as we need to evaluate the true spelling capabilities of the candidates and their ability to ID those mistakes.

So, half of my document will be dropdown menus, but the other is plain text. Any suggestions?

Also, C=could you explain to me how to set export value to be score points for the dropdown answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can set export value of dropdown field under dropdown field properties ⇾ options tab, when you write 'item' under 'export value' write a score number you wish for that item, then click 'add', then you can calculate total score with a script.

For plain text, set a text field for a user to write their answer in it, then you can check with a script if the answer is correct or not, inside script you can also set variables with different scores if the answer is correct or wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines