Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SERIOUS ADOBE ACROBAT PROFESSIONAL 8 ERROR

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2007 Jun 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using (or TRYING to use!) Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.
But every time it loads up I receive the following pop-up message:

"A serious error has been detected and Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional cannot continue. Please re-install the application and try again."

I click OK, and then another message appears:
"Acrobat.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x05bf1243" referenced memory at "0x12284e88". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program"

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing but the error comes back!
What can I do?? Can ANYONE help?!!
TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 398 Replies 398
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil,

Do you have a virus and/or spyware protection on when you are installing
the software? If so try turning it off.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I've deactivated the AVG Control Panel (Will that do?) but it still doesn't work.

When I uninstall the following message comes up:

TRSDKd ww: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe: Acrotray.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x05bf1243" referenced memory at "0x12284e88". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program

What does this mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message above (TRSDKd application error) appears at the beginning of the uninstall.

The following message appears at the end:

MsiExec.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02041243" referenced memory at "0x12284e88". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have subsequently removed all versions of Acrobat on my computer (including Acrobat Reader) and the error seems to have gone.

BUT Acrobat 8.0 seems to have an annoying habit of automatically closing down after about 5 seconds... any suggestions??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>BUT Acrobat 8.0 seems to have an annoying habit of automatically closing down after about 5 seconds... any suggestions??

apply the 8.1 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that -- and the error's come back!! Aargh!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2007 Jun 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got the same error
Acrobat.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x02561243" referenced memory at "0x12284e88". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program"

i hope engineers from adobe can provide a solution..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2007 Jun 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the engineers read these posts?
If not, how do we tell them about the error??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2007 Jun 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil,

The way to contact the engineers without paying for technical support is
the bug submission form:

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2007 Jun 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO NOT APPLY THE ACROBAT 8.1 UPDATE IT HOSED MY COMPUTER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to run "Repair Acrobat Installation" in Help menu, see if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that but it doesn't make any difference. In fact, the error comes up at the beginning and also of the end of the repair.

Oh, and my original post has a typo. The error message reads:

Acrobat.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x02cf1243" referenced memory at "0x12284e88". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to the conversation. I just upgraded from Acrobat 8 to 8.1, and now I have the same problem: Five seconds into the program a message comes up: "A serious error has been detected and Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional cannot continue. Please reinstall the application and try again." After I click OK a second message comes up: "The instruction "0x04321243" referenced memory at "0x12284e88". The memory could not be written. Click OK to terminate the program."

What do I do now?

Rogier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen creating a New User in the Admin group solve this issue. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh...and logging into the new user and try to launch Acrobat to see if you are still getting the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the repair function - now I am back to version 8, and I still have the error! I didn't before!

Any other ideas? Anybody from Adobe?

Rogier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done the same . Worked ok until the patch to 8.1 now mothing works. But hey going on previous history they should get it working just right, a few weeks before version 9 is launched

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8.1 made my acrobat toast too. How many times a day does a person use pdf files? Now it's obvious - LOTS. And I can't see any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

I have now submitted the bug to Adobe -- but I not confident that there will be a reply.

Anybody got any other ideas??

Regards

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2007 Jun 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has received your inquiry Phil, no worries on that. Try the following to help Adobe track this issue, which we can't seem to reproduce in-house.

1. Double-Click the Acrobat Icon while holding the SHIFT key down. This will load Acrobat without plugins. If you do not crash then we know it is a plug-in causing the issue. I would suspect the Update Plugin. You can pull some plugins separately to isolate this more.

2. Have you been able to activate? There was a problem with Activation in 8 that may have been triggered here. You can try this too.
1. Find and back up the file
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adobe_00080000_tsf.data.
2. Delete the file from the location above, but not the back up. Reboot the cpu.
3. Launch Acrobat and see if it requires you to activate again.
4. If it does, activate Acrobat again.
5. report the results.

Lastly, the link mentioned above is not free technical support. It is merely a chance to send Adobe feedback, but not response or follow up is promised. In the future you should call Technical Support directly for help.

I hope the above steps either help or reveal more information.
Thanks
Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2007 Jun 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same exact issue on one of my machines. Applied the 8.1 update last week and today when I opened a PDF, *bam* got hit with the error and 7 seconds after Acrobat starts up it crashes. Tried the disable plugins thing, but that definitely didn't work. Seems like there's quite a few users out there with this issue, so Adobe will have to do something to resolve it.

I'm running Acrobat 8.1 Pro on Windows Vista Ultimate, UAC is enabled, I am the system admin, it's a dual-core Pentium-D with 2GB of RAM--if any of that helps.

Keep the posts coming as you find out stuff everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2007 Jun 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

I have tried deactivating the plug-ins and deleting the .data file. (It didn't ask me to activate again.)
It hasn't made any difference.

Do Adobe read these forums?

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I got the same error. Did you find any fix? Any news from Adobe?

Marc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I recall, Jeff is Adobe, so you've had a response....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines