• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Server down - no support available on weekends!!!

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a vital document with a team over the weekend.  Trying to open my document and view comments: Acrobat Pro DC says "Server Currently Unavailable"; IOS version opens the document but there is an endless spinning wheel and no reviewer comments; and the web access says "Something went wrong".

Now here comes the seriously worrying part.  There is no way to advise Adobe of this failure.  Their chatbox is answered by a robot; I did bully it into connecting me with a human who said, definitely, there is NO weekend support and I should call back in 48 hours -- that's Monday night my time.

And more.  status.adobe.com is reporting that the Document Cloud service is fully operational.  So no engineer knows there is an issue either.

This does not look good for a vital workflow tool.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: 15 minutes or so later, the service was restored to the iPad (Mac app and web still have whirling circles).  But my points on lack of support contact point, and erroneous status reporting, still stand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The service remains broken in various ways.  Latest is a message from Acrobat DC "Unable to share: This file can't be sent for comments".  That's on a perfectly ordinary PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started getting "This file can't be sent for comments." errors but there's no information about why, or how to fix. Would love to know more about this issue and its resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly I can't believe with Adobe's record profits that they couldn't at least have some form of tech support over the weekend. I'm in a bind myself right now and nothing I can do except try to reinstall everything. Adobe, your customers deserve better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is not just Adobe, it also happens with some big financial institutions.

Try to resolve an emergency over chatbot, over the phone, via web site, or mobile app; it doesn't matter.

If your emergency takes place over the course of your precious  weekend hours... good luck! Maybe blame it on the companies who own call centers with @home agents.

Sorry to read that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines