• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

set/change default page size Acrobat DC Win 10 Tools/Create PDF/Blank Page

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use Acrobat Pro DC on Win 10 to create a new blank PDF, with the page size defaulting to A4.

If I go: Tools/Create PDF/Blank Page/Create, it is always US Letter size.

Is there a settings file I can change to get this to be A4 (or something else?).

I suspect it will be a .joboptions file - if so, how do I create it, what should I call it, and which folder should I put it in?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Whan

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Job options not involved. If the option resets each time you are probably stuck. Consider having a stock PDF with a blank a4 page: you can insert the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be done with a script, but you can also simply convert a blank Word document with the desired page size to a PDF and then use it as a template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution for this, so it opens new PDFs in A4 without using templates or having to first use a Word document? I'm having the same issue even though I've changed everything I can possibly find to be changed to A4 size. My online search for answers is not going well at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really bad constraint.... A4 is the international page size for non-US users.... still unresolved in May 2021...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Adobe?! That’s ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto - best I could find...
There's a neat create Form workaround with a few steps (from 2020) detailed here also:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-create-a-blank-page-in-a4/td-p/11060082

Way easier to just build a bank of templates for your ongoing needs with ProDC v2021.
Same Same headaches and headwinds - I was hoping to continue how I used to use Ai, Ps, ProX for workflow into Pr & Ae...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines