• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting defaut colourspace for a pdf

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to 'force' a pdf to open with 'Adobe RGB' as it's default display profile?

I'm creating a document in Indesign (document set-up Web), with the Adobe RGB colour profile. I'm exporting it with No Colour conversion. This document will never see print.

When I open this in Acrobat the colours look dull - but when I manually change the 'simulation' to Adobe RGB they pop as they should.

I need the document to open in this way rather than having to ask my client to manually change it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this.

The RGB colors used are out of gamut for the CMYK space, so there's no suitable alternative. This choice is out of my control.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you embed the correct colour profile? What are your export settings in InDesign?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Adobe RGB for a document is a non sense, you should use sRGB IEC61966 instead.

The latest post in this topic should help you: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/v%C3%A9rifier-profil-icc-sur-pdf/m-p/14042807#M42...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines