• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting the page print range via JavaScript

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 5 page form. I want to print it, for saving purposes, as 2 A5 pages on one A4. So we set the A4 page as landscape and place one reduced A4 page in the left half and the other in the right half. There's a little problem with that last odd page number 5, though.
Namely, setting the print range as:

pp = this.getPrintParams();
ppback = pp;
pp.pageHandling = pp.constants.handling.nUp;
pp.nUpPageOrders = pp.constants.nUpPageOrders.Vertical;
pp.nUpNumPagesH = 1;
pp.nUpNumPagesV = 2;
pp.nUpPageBorder=true;
pp.nUpAutoRotate=true;
pp.DuplexType = pp.constants.duplexTypes.DuplexFlipShortEdge;
pp.printRange=[[1, 1], [0, 0], [3,3], [2,2], [4,4]];
this.print(pp);

Page 5 (which is 4 counting from 0) is printed on the right side of the last sheet, leaving the left side blank. Is there any way to force it to be printed on the left side of the page? It's an aesthetic problem, but it's a minor thing that annoys me.

TOPICS
JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Not really. You can add a blank page before it, though, and then print both pages together. Then delete the page after the print command. Just be aware you'll need to adjust all the page numbers following the location where you added that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. You can add a blank page before it, though, and then print both pages together. Then delete the page after the print command. Just be aware you'll need to adjust all the page numbers following the location where you added that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that's the answer I expected. I assumed you'd have to cheat. Actually, I even did before you answered 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines