• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show text that has been input into a text field on mouse rollover

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not even sure if this is possible with PDF documents.  I have created a form with multiple text fields requiring the user to input their answers.  I've set up those text fields for multiline and scroll long text so they can type as much as needed.  Rather than click on the plus sign to scroll through the text after it has been input into the text field, is there a way to mouseover the text field box and have the entire text show up?  Thanks all.

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

But once you overwrite it with a new value you can't know what it was originally, unless it's saved elsewhere. Or you could not overwrite it, but add the new text to it, after a colon for example, and then strip that extra text if the field is cleared later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I finally found how to accomplish what I wanted.  Using event.target.userName = event.value; in the validation field accomplishes what I need.  However, this also deletes the original tooltip that was in the text field.  In the event someone decides to delete everything they wrote, is it possible to maintain the original tooltip so it pops up on mouseover when there is no other text? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would the original tooltip be copied from, then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original tooltip is in the tooltip box for each text field.  I put the tooltip in there so the user knows what information needs to go into the text box.  But I also want the decision makers who will read these reports to be able to hover over the text field and see the written text rather than scroll through the text box.  If this is not possible, it won't be a major problem.  Just trying to make it as "idiot-proof" as possible.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But once you overwrite it with a new value you can't know what it was originally, unless it's saved elsewhere. Or you could not overwrite it, but add the new text to it, after a colon for example, and then strip that extra text if the field is cleared later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I imagined this would be the answer. Just a point of clarification. I am brand new in the world of developing my own PDF forms from scratch. I've done small edits here and there before but this is the first full blown effort at a new form. The little I know comes from research and my trusty friend, Google..and now, this boards.  So I'm just barely learning how all this works and interacts with each other behind the scenes. 

Thanks for the assist!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines