• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show two pages but advance one

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have documents created by many different users.  Each user creates one page and turns it in.  For every page, there are two users who create similar versions of that page.  The pages are then combined into one document with the two versions of each page as consecutive pages in the document.  I use Acrobat DC Pro to view and mark up the differences.  Two-page view makes it easy to put both versions up side-by-side on my screen.  However, sometimes only one of the users turns in their version of a page.  In that case, the two pages on the screen are "out of sync" and I would like to advance my view one page instead of two.  For example, if only one of the users for the first page submitted his version, I want to advance from a view showing pages one and two of the pdf to one showing pages 2 and 3, not 3 and 4.  

I am currently achieving my edits by splitting the document into even and odd pages, marking them up in different instances of the editor, then combining the even and odd documents to get one resulting document.  It would be so much easier, though, if I could advance one page in two-page view.  Is that possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultk3iq34t6w1m9 wrote:

I use Acrobat DC Pro to view and mark up the differences. 

No, two page view will always keep two pages together. What you might do is insert a blank page (Pages panel or Organize Pages) as a placeholder for those missing pages.

You can copy pages in the Pages panel with Option drag (Mac) or Ctrl drag (Windows), so you can also copy that blank page if it's easier than inserting.

You posted to Acrobat Reader. Are you using Reader or Acrobat DC Pro?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using DC Pro.  I didn't see a forum for it, so I posted here.  I thought of the blank page thing, but I wanted to see if there is already an easy way to do it before changing the way the pdf file is built.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @defaultk3iq34t6w1m9 .

You didn't ask, but are you aware that if the two pages are in separate files, you can use the Compare Documents tool to see the differences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/compare-documents.html

Also, I'll move your post from Acrobat Reader to Acrobat for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines