Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sign yourself - Error attempting to read from file

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I have been using the "Sign yourself" feature in Adobe and uploading a png or jpeg signature for over a year now and suddenly yesterday it stopped working.  I am getting an error when I try to attach the image to the Sign Yourself box that states "Error attempting to read from file".  I have tried several different adobe files, a jpeg and png signature, cleared caches, uninstalled and reinstalled adobe and anything else I can think of.  There appears to be a bug or something that is prohibiting me from doing this now.  I use this options multiple times daily.  Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jennifer288967679pkb 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end and its working fine.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.01.20064 installed. Go to help > Check for upates and reboot the computer once.

As you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps with no luck,  Please  try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, 

Hi Amal, 
Unfortunately none of the above has worked for me.  
Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing.. I am able to add this signautre on the web version, but not on the desktop version.. if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jennifer288967679pkb 

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists, Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud, generate the link, and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines