• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

signature can be copied and pasted

Contributor ,
6 hours ago 6 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the feature in Acrobat where I can upload a picture of my signature and use it to sign PDF forms using "Fill & Sign". However, I was extremely disturbed to discover that my signature can be copied and pasted into another program (i.e., Microsoft Word) and Saved as a Picture by anyone receiving one of my signed PDFs! This is really concerning. I am basically giving my signature away to anyone who wants to use it. 

Is there a way I can use a signature on a PDF so that it's "baked into" the page and not be a separate, copy-able layer? The only way I know is to workaround I've been able to come up with is print the form, physically sign it, scan that signed page, then insert the page into the final PDF. However, that's a lot of steps.

Please let your users know that it is very dangerous to add a signature using Fill & Sign, because anyone can copy & paste their signatures and use it for whatever purposes they see fit.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
3 hours ago 3 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, use a digital signature field. Anything else is easily copyable.

And even with a digital signature be aware that the name (and any other details, such as email address, address, etc.) that appears on it is meaningless. The only thing that matters is that it can be validated against a public key provided by you. I can easily sign using your name, but I can't fake your private key to validate my signature as if it was yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
3 hours ago 3 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say, "use a digital signature field", what do you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines