• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signature field should lock entire document

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , Am creating in a form with a final signature block that has the properties to lock all the fields. But this form/document while being filled, as per my requirement also needs comments and attachments from the comment tool at specific places in the form. So the requirent eventually is when the final Signature in the signature block is applied , I require the entire document along with the attachement and comments to also get locked and become uneditable.

If I do not use a form and then just digitally sign then its possible to lock the comments and attachment. How do I achieve this with just using a signature block field ? 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't prevent adding comments to a signed file, if it was previously allowed. The only way is to apply a security policy that prevents it just before signing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67,, I do not want to restrict it , I want it to become non editable or get locked along with all the other fields when the signatue is applied in the designated signature block of that form , kind of that signature block should have the properties to lock the entire document including the comments along with the all the form fields

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meaning all added coments and attachments that were also added into the document should get locked when the digital signature is applied the designated form field signature box that has the lock all fields property.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you should flatten the file before signing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately,, that may not be an option because as a form it is sent to multiple end users to fill the form and then sign , in the process and flow they add attachments and comments it will not be practical to convey to the form users on how and why to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines