• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signature field showing as Text field

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to 'prepare a form' with a signature and the signature field keeps coming up as a text field.  I am using the Add a signature field button (icon looks different in the how to guide than on my version)  and the code says Signature1_es_:signer:signature.

I did this a couple of months ago without a problem so not sure what I am doing wrong?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Adobe Sign form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked Tools, Prepare Form, which converted the form, clicked on 'more tools' and couldn't find a revert to Acrobat form?  Is there any other way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a word document that I am converting into a form with a mix of text and signature fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! What I did:

• Reverted to Acrobat Form using instructions above
  • Deleted the "Signature1_es_:signer:signature" boxes
  • Then at the top, the "Add a Digital Signature" button displayed

Use that, and you're good to go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugg, how frustrating.  I realize this is an old string but thought I would post the solution.  Wasted several hours on something so simple but found this online that worked for me.

In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, open the PDF. Click the Tools tab and under Prepare Form, click Open. At the screen stating: “Select a file or scan a document to begin” Adobe should already display the file you have opened in Step 1. If you need to change the file, then click on “Change File” and browse to the correct file.
a. Do not check the box next to: “This document requires signatures” (it changes which signature field options are available).
b. Recommendation: Change the Form Field auto detection to OFF by clicking “Change” and unchecking the last box in General for: “Automatically detect form fields,” especially if the files you are adding the digital signature field to are not forms. If you choose to keep the “Form field auto detection is ON” you may get form fields detected in error. If this happens, click on the fields you do not need and delete them. Do not leave fields that you do not need in the file because this will affect accessibility and compliance with Section 508.
c. You may get a message: “No form fields detected.” This is fine, especially if the document is correspondence or the file is not a “form.” Click Start. On the

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Saved a ton of time!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....Wow, it is asinine that the solution here is to uncheck the box for the thing I want it to do....
That said, thanks so much for sharing this. Also solved my misery as well. Sure seems like an obvious problem for Adobe to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Adobe, Where oh where are your UX designers!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the current version of Acrobat (whatever is most recent for April 2024), I found that clicking Prepare a Form and then leaving the "This document requires signatures" box unchecked resulted in being able to use the standard signature form fields. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE 2024 (as the selected solution is outdated and doesn't work): In Acrobat, you must convert to the old version of Acrobat first by going to File > Disable New Acrobat. This didn't automatically work on my document, however, and I had to unfortunately recreate the PDF/prepare the form again once in the old version of acrobat. Also, this is mentioned below, but also make sure to NOT check the "This document requires signatures" box when preparing the form.

Hopefully this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines