Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signature JPG bugged

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we got a problem with our signature jpg usage. if we put in our signature it can not be resized nor deleted. it is acting like it got put in the background so we can not interact with it in any way. sometimes i couldnt even remove it with the adobe (pro) edit mode.

has this happened to someone else or is there a fix to it? already tried to update and verify the installation.

thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how are you applying the signature JPEG to the PDF?

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are using the the signature feature where you can put initials or your signature into the form. the 3rd option is to "upload" a picture and use it as signature. it worked for us very well for the past year but yesterday it suddenly got weird. thank you for your quick response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, it is working on 3 of 5 of our computers, but 2 are bugged for whatever reason. we changed no settings whatsoever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By wierd, do you mean the signature image is blury? or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The signature image is kind of melting into the background and can not be selected anymore. And if you somehow manage to select it, it cant be moved or rescaled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also its the same on a completely blank pdf or a form or anything, we tried to use it on a blank document and it has the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Sign Yourself" option on the Fill & Sign tools does put the image into the Page Content. So it cannot be easily moved or resized.  I'm not sure if this was done in a recent update because I don't use it often, but it is likely. 

The quality issue though is something else. I thought this might be an update issue as well, but just did a test and I'm not seeing any problems it on my system.  

What version and variation of Acrobat do you have? On what operating system.

Can you post a screen shot of an example? Maybe with a fake signature JPG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i will record a short video of the problem tomorrow and post a link here if this is fine to you, i think its rather hard to prove my point in just a picture if the problem is kind of a moving process. So, thanks for now and i will reply to this when i get back to work tomorrow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!! but don't forget to include the OS and version of Acrobat. 

Probably one of the most important recent changes to Acrobat is the 64bit version. As more people start using it we're finding more issues that are specific to that variation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I captured and uploaded a video of the problem via dropbox, here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/86hute6b23nhpyl/Screencap_Adobe.mp4?dl=0

We're working on windows 10 with acrobat version 2023.001.20064 64-Bit.

As you can see in the video, on some pdf we can use the signature as usual but in case of some, and not only this particular document, the signature is not working as we think it should.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the issue is only with moving and sizeing the signature? And it is only on specific documents? 

Maybe there is something about these documents that is blocking these actions.

Can you post a document that is having this issue so we can see if it is repeatable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning. I too have a user that is experiencing this issue. It only appears to be one form. If I create a blank form/PDF the signature resizes without any issues. I would be happy to share the form if that would help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a PDF, with signature, that has the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached, per your request, is the form that we use. It does not have a signature as it does not matter what signature we use. We run into this issue with the form and sign function within Adobe. I have also, since my last post, have been able to duplicate this issue using any form, even ones that I have created from scratch. It appears, to me, that the signature ends up behind the form fields which does not allow the signature to be resized or deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several users having them same issue and are no longer able resize their signature on the same PDFs that they always have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning. I submitted a ticket to Adobe last week and they escalated this to their engineering team. Today there was an update, after which I am now able to resize the signature with Adobe's fill and sign. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines