• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signatures

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a form where I can make it willable and have check off boxes and review with their workers and have them eah sign off on the document. The issue I am having is when I generate an area for them to individiual print and sign their names, only digital signatures can be entered. How do I get it to where they can click the box, allows them to draw their signature and then insert that signature into that form? 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried preparing and  distributing the PDF with Adobe Sign instead?

Seems like you are referring to how to use the "request e-Signatures" with AcroSign or the Fill & Sign tool to employ electronic signatures.

Nevertheless, it is worth noting that, users may use those certificate-based digital signature fields.

For instance, when the user clicks on the digital signature field, the diakog window "Sign with a Digital ID" will come up.

Clicking on the "Configure New Digital ID" button (instead of "Continue"), will bring up another dialog window: "Configure a Digital ID for signing".

Next, if they select the "Crate a new Digital ID"  => Continue, it will bring another screen to create their own self-signed Digital ID => "Save to Windows Certificate Store" => Continue.

The next screen is self explanatory, where they have blanks to enter (at a minimum) the self distinguished signing name and email address => Save.

Then they will be able to reuse this self-signed certificate for future documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. The issue is that everyone would be signing the document on the same tablet. We use them for meetings, so instead of having a sign in sheet where each individual writes their name and then signs their signature. I was looking to have it to where my managers can have it on their tablet, selected each individual field and enter the information accordingly. Then instead of signing on a separate piece of paper, scanning and sending. I was looking to be able to pass the tablet along to each member of the meeting, type their name and then click the box next to their name and sign their signature. I used to use it with a previous employer and when you clicked the signature box you could either enter your saved signature or custom/customer signature. Hope this explains a little better as to what I am trying to achieve here. Thanks in advance for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++EDITED REPLY, added screenshots to support case

So definitely employ Adobe Sign.

It does allow you to sign a document and pass it on to the next signer using the same tablet device.

Are you familiarized with this feature?

Here are some slides from an Android mobile device to aid visually with the "Get Signature in Person" feature:

Screenshot_20230310_192604_Adobe Acrobat Sign.png

Screenshot_20230310_192622_Adobe Acrobat Sign.png

Screenshot_20230310_192726_Adobe Acrobat Sign.png

Screenshot_20230310_192735_Adobe Acrobat Sign.png

Screenshot_20230310_192837_Adobe Acrobat Sign.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I’ve looked into adobe sign. I am not trying to create e signatures for security or anything along those lines. The document will have zero legality. Right now I have a piece of paper, when they walk in they write their name and to the right they sign their name. Now above this is multiple checked off items and field that will be filled in. But I want them to be able to pass around click the next available open spot. Type John Doe under name instead of writing John Doe under name on a piece of paper, then directly to the right I want them to click the spot and a window pop up where they scribble their name and it is complete instead of signing their name on a said piece of paper with pen. Then pass to the next person and take the next available slot and repeat. Then I can print it or save it as a pdf. In other words I want to take out having to hand write notes, their names and signatures and make it all digital. No e signatures, not digital encrypted signatures. Just no more paper and pen. Is that possible to do? Or does everything thing have to be protected and so on.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, if I understood correctly you need a PDF that acts as a name roster with a spot to sign the name next to their printed name?

If yes, if it is just a PDF to type in a name on a blank provided, tick checkboxes and fill a blank, it is doable using both the Adobe Sign on the Acrobat Mobile app itself or designing the PDF form with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (full desktop version) and uploading it to your tablet.

In both methods you need a paid subscription of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

One important observation about signatures is that they do enforce some sort of security.

Both of Adobe Sign and the Fill & Sign tool enforce electronic compliance mechanisms. 

This being the case, you won't be able to provide users with a blank to employ wet signatures (or scribble their name via popup dialogs) on a blank provided. That is, unless Adobe Sign or the Fill & Sign tools are employed at signing time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes! That is exactly what I am trying to create. I was able to make the form with all fields needed and so on. But when I got to the last part for making the roster that is where I am having the issue. Even though I am entering a signature field, when transferred over to the iPad/tablet they are able yo click the location for their name and type in accordingly. But when they go to click the field for signature nothing happens. I am using a paid subscription but am not sure of how to get this to work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines