• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since yesterday (17 June 2022 in Australia), Adobe won't open my pdf files

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until yesterday adobe acrobat  DC (free version for 64bit run on windows 10) has been operating fine 

but since yesterday (17 June 2022 in Australia/16 June 2022 in US), has stopped working.

I first tried a few things.... made sure it was set as default, went into properties and tried to run compatibility troubleshooter and with no success there, I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it from ADOBE website but it is still not opening the pdf files. 

Windows 10 may have run an update recently on my computer which sometimes interferes with other programs.  Or if Adobe changed something on their end... the interface certainly looks different in the latest version I installed but it's not working at all to open my pdfs.

When I go into my file explorer and click on the pdf to open with adobe, I'm not even getting an error message.  I just tried opening the file from the Adobe interface and a window came up saying, "The file path is too long. Please specify a shorter file or save to a location that has a shorter path."

The files I am trying to open, were the same files that I have opened without any problem or error up until yesterday. 

Anyone have any ideas how to rectify this?

thanks - Annie

I'm not sure what's going on.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Try opening any alternate PDF saved locally on the machine. Check if you can open them without any issues.

Please let us know if the issue occurs with all PDFs.

Try once removing the application and running the cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html). Reboot the machine and install the latest application version from the following page: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.  It actually didn't seem to help with the files that I was getting errors with.  I don't understand why those files were opening fine in adobe and then suddently getting an error report when I go to open them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I noticed I had a file in Downloads that was opening fine and then I moved it to the a folder where there are files that opened fine a moment ago and no longer do.  When I moved the file to that folder from downloads, it no longer will open and I get the same error report. "There was an opening error in this document.  Access denied."  

I moved it back to downloads and I could open it again. 

I'm testing other files in the same folder or the Parent folder and some files will open and some won't.  It doesn't seem to size dependent.  And up until June 16th, ALL the same files opened with ADOBE without any problem????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines