• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solved Problem, Thanks! Radio Button Values and Calculations

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, to start, I do not know Java so I hope I don't need to use it.  I created a form with radio buttons.  Each question has the option of a radio button for Excellent (value 4), Effective (value 3), Beginner (value 2), and Needs Improvement (value 1).  I want to assign values for the radio buttons for each question so that I can show them in a summary grid at the end.  In question 1, I set up 4 radio buttons under the name Group 1, and then the Radio Choice Names are 4, 3, 2 or 1, to correspond to Excellent, Effective, Beginner and Needs Improvement.  Under Q2, I set up 4 radio buttons under the name Group 2 and with the same Radio Choice Names, 4, 3, 2 or 1.  I did the same for all 11 questions, each Group named the question number and each radio button in the respective groups named 4, 3, 2 or 1. In my summary grid, in the space for the resulting value of each question's radio button, I added a text field and under the Calculate tab, I selected 'Value us the Sum of the following fields', and then when I try to pick Group 1 for Question 1, Group 2 for question 2, etc., it won't allow me to select a single group, meaning I see the Select All option but when I click the individual fields, they are not selected/checked.  I don't want to Select All.  When I then close out of editing the form and select one of the radio buttons in Group 1, no value appears in the summary (calculated) grid.  It just shows a 0.  What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What value did you assign to each individual button within the group?

You can use the "Simplified Field Notation"

Have you opened the Acrobat JavaScript console to see if there are any error messages?

The optoion is under the "More" category and labeled "Debugger" or you can use the key combination of <Ctrl> + J to open the console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I assign values? Under Radio Button Properties->Options, I typed in 4 under Radio Button Choice for the button under 'Excellent', 3 for the button under 'Effective', 2 for the button under 'Beginner' and 1 for the button under 'Needs Improvement'. This is a performance evaluation rubric, if that helps. I have 11 categories of competencies and want each one rated and then all the ratings for each competency to show in the summary grid at the end of the document. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the mouse click does not work for selecting the item to add, you can use the space bar.

When no radio button within a group is selected the value of the group is "Off". The first calculation option treats this value as a 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That worked, thanks! So bizarre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know Java at all.  I tried opening the script and nothing showed there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines