• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some pages in CMYK and some in RGB....WHY?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have the following problem, in the same PDF document I add images in different pages and in some they are added in RGB mode and in others in CMYK, the image is always the same, so the problem is not the image, any advice? To see the problem well, you can watch the video.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is usually a transparency issue, but I don't really understand the video. Are you doing page make-up in Acrobat?? Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the video above, I re-open this old topic to figure out my problem. I've worked with InDesign in web mode/RGB and exported the file in pdf to finish its accessibility in Acrobat. Why it shows colours in some pages in CMYK? (I know, Acrobat doesn't divide colours in CMYK or RGB). For example, I've highlighted some text with bright yellow (character style) and yellow seems to be no bright on some pages in Acrobat. Same pdf looks fine in Dropbox preview. When this is published, I don't want anyone to see this mixed colour file. What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Transparency Blend Space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah! Took a while to find the right spot, but that was a solution. Transparency Blend Space in InDesign was right, RGB, and Transparency Blend Space's changing in Acrobat didn't help the problem, but this did: Edit > Preferences > Page Display > Use Overprint Preview > Never

Still I don't know why it shows some pages different when the content of the pages is totally same. But I leave it here and keep going. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good, but it would probably be better to change it in InDesign (you set it for each document, and it's done).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But where? InDesign Transparency Space is correct, RGB, but is there another setting I should do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines