• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some PDF pages go blank after saving or Organize Pages

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Standard DC.  Our County government has a GIS application where you can create and download PDF files to show aerial map views.  Although I have created these PDF's numerous times in the past, I am now having issues AFTER the initial saving of the PDF:

- If I insert the PDF into another PDF using Organize Pages, the inserted PDF goes blank.

- If I open the PDF and save it as a different file name, the PDF goes blank.

However, I CAN do the following:

- I can copy the PDF to another location on my PC and it will remain intact.

I need to make sure the file doesn't go blank when I e-mail it to someone else, too.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally to your and check.

Make sure you have the recent version of Acrobat DC(22.1.20169) installed. Go to Help. Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... 

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DebrasBoykins Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the exact same problem with some (but not all!) PDFs created from ArcGIS. I'm curious to know if you figured it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RachelFudge 

We are sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind sharing a sample PDF file with us so that we can check it at our end?

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a confidential client file so I can't share it. But I did more research and discovered that it's likely a bug in the ArcGIS software in which the maps were created: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/arcgis-pro-3-0-pdf-export-blank/td-p/1188300

Reducing file size on the buggy maps fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines