Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

split pages

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon all. 

I have a booklet type file which is split in a manner that makes two pages as one, when scanned. I want to split out the two pages into two separate pages. 

Eg., one page shows both page 11, and page 17. I need to separate them into two single pages. 

I found a 2010 post about it, but in trying to follow the instructions, it appears that enough has changed in Adobe since 2010, that I need an up to date solution.

Eg.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-split-a-pdf-with-spread-pages-to-single-pages/m-p/3142...

TYIA.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Print and prepress , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What issue does you have with the instructions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your intstructions were fine.

I'm not a graphics artist. Nor do I have a lot of experience with Acrobat. This was the first time I'd considered anything like this, let alone attempted such--- in Acrobat.

Your instructions were 11 years old, and in working through the 2020/21 version of Acrobat, it got to a point where it seemed like enough had changed that I figured an update would be of value, for inexperienced people like me.

But for what it's worth.... I did finally figure it out.

I wasn't thinking in terms of cropping the page, and then saving that new cropped version, and going back to the original, and cropping the other half of the page, which would leave me with 3 versions.

Then taking the two cropped versions, combining them, saving that, and then organizing the pages.

It's simply a matter of inexperience, and thinking differently.

So.... my process.

I did the edit pdf tool.

I then selected crop pages. (I had a 6 sheet, 4 pages/sheet brochure which I wanted to split up into an organized reader-spread pdf file.) In scanning the document, I found that because it was a printed brochure, I'd have pages which the numbering were not in the proper order. So, I needed to resolve that.

I cropped a page (due to inexperience I'd hoped I could crop the same page twice in the same operation-- I suppose to an experienced graphics/Acrobat user, it'd be amusing to observe my process).

I then had to read up on page cropping in Acrobat, which I learned that I needed to double click the cropped side. I did that and a new window came up. Reading further, I found that I needed to select all, on the right lower corner of the window (in the page range section), and it cropped all the left side (my cropped page) for all the sheets. I saved that newly cropped file as A.

I then went back to the original, repeated the cropping process, for the right side, saved that as B.

I then selected combine files, performed that operation, and saved that as C.

On file C, I selected organize pages, scrolled in so I could read the page numbering, and I then worked through the process of arranging the pages in the proper numbering order, and saved it. Afterwards, I then saved to reduce the file size, because the original scan was a 44mb file, and I needed a smaller file. This size reduction gave me a 3.4mb file.

So.... my description for the inexperienced people....

I think my problem was simply inexperience, and not thinking in Acrobat terms/language. So, your instructions were fine, just dated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that might have changed is the location of some of the commands mentioned in that thread, but for the most part it should still work.

You can also achieve this task with a script, like this (paid-for) one I've created:

http://try67.blogspot.com/2009/09/split-pages-in-2-parts-and-combine-to.html

It's also from a while ago, but still works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah. That was my problem. After working through it, I did finally figure it out.

As I'd said above to Bernd, it was a matter of inexperience, and having to work through the process...

I've left my explanation of what I did to resolve it, so if anyone needs to do it today, it'll be from someone who is inexperienced, but achieved it.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines