• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splitting Lage PDF to Multiple Files with Client Names

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me, but I cannot figure this out in an easier way.

We have a PDF that is about 6,000 pages long that we want to separate into multiple files by client name. Is there a faster way to separate the PDF file (all client file information is different lengths) and naming the files rather than extracting the select pages, saving as new document, going back to the original and repeating the same process? We thought about adding the bookmarks but I feel like it will take just as long.

Please help.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This requires a custom JavaScript developement, that detect the client name, extract the concerned pages, merge them and save them.

Contact me privatly if you need a quote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned, if the text is consistent then it would require a custom-made script, but 6000 pages might be too much for a script to be able to handle. You might need to do it in batches of several hundred pages at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines