• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stamps and Images I have added to a PDF appear excessively large when client receives PDF.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have come accross a strange issue. I have created order forms and documents for consent in a commercial setting. When sending these documents I insert both custom stamps as well as images in order for the clients to sign for official documentation. Using E-sign is borderline unusable because our typical clientel are ederly and not the most technilogically functional. My most common was of recieving signed documents back after emailing them is either Fax, physical mail, or cell phone pictures.

The problem is that when I view the PDF of my computer the stamps and the images are the correct size.

When I send them to the clients the stamps and the images show up massively blown up and covering important information.  I have attached a PDF with examples of what I sent and with what the customer sees.

I have not been able to figure out why this is occuring. Any help with this would greatly be appreciated.

Stamp and Image Issue_Redacted_Page_1.jpgStamp and Image Issue_Redacted_Page_2.jpgStamp and Image Issue_Redacted_Page_3.jpgStamp and Image Issue_Redacted_Page_4.jpg

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you clarify how the stamps were created? at was size/resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the stamps in photoshop, saved as .png (for the transparency). Size is 600px*300px. 

Definitely a bit larger that necessary but I was counting on the resize feature in Acrobat due to thet fact that several documents have more room for the stamps than others and I was attempting to avoid creating individual stamps for every document type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a over-large size, depending on the dpi.

Can you check the 'image size' window? it should tell you their equivalent in millimeters (linked to dpi)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image size is 4" x 2" as the file was created at 150dpi. 

I guess the part that I am confused by is that the pixels/dpi shouldn't matter becuase you can adjust the size of the stamp after you place it in the PDF. Using the arrow to select it and then clicking on the corners allows you to change the position, size, and rotation.

The position stays correct and the rotation stays correct, just the size is affected.

The error appears to be behaving like its ignoring the size part of the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you test the same process with a stamp at the final size (inches) you need on the page, at 300 dpi?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines