• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Starred files - initial view ignoring setting

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have a few starred documents -ones I refer to a lot.  These documents have an opening page set in the document properties - but they always open at the page I was last looking at.  This is not helpful behaviour.  If I have closed the document, I would expect that on opening again the initial page setting woudl be respected.  Am I missing a setting or something?

Thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mikekaymail

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you want to open the PDF with initial page on reopening them everytime.

Please go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Documents > Uncheck 'Restore last view settings when reopening documents' > Click OK and check.

Untitled.png

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal - thanks for responding  - but it is ALREADY unticked.  And all documents do open correctly - apart from those that I have starred.

What else can I try?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.05.20048 installed go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

Also please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, yes, I have the latest version.

I've tried to reset the preferences as per the link (which I think is out of date  - it seems preferences are stored in "userprefs" not "preferences"?

But hasn't made any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had an email from Adobe Support Community asking if my problem is fixed.  It is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
WHO IS USING MY EMAIL AND PRETENDING TO BE ME?
THIS WAS NOT ME . I DID NOT SEND THIS TEXT ABOUT STARRED FILES. WHO DID ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puzzling!  Might be interesting to know how these files behave on another computer/installation.  Maybe it could help isolate what is triggering this.  Are ALL files behaving this way, or just the starred ones?  Does un-starring them change the behavior?

Mt best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that any document in the document cloud does not respect the opening page from the document properties.  And when I star anything it makes a copy to the document cloud and this is the one that Adobe opens by default.

This is the same behaviour on another PC, and also on a chrome book - although that has no Adobe client on it.

Is it just that Adobe no longer support opening a document at a specific page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting!  Perhaps Amal can shed some light on this from the Adobe front.  Good luck - I hope there's a solution.  One of the nice features of a PDF is that the creator can control how the doc opens for the user, and diminishing that capability is not a direction I would like to see.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in response. I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end on a Win 10 machine and its working fine.

Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account if you have Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner tool - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal - is that a sensible next step?  Documents in the cloud behave this way in a Chrome Book, as I have explained above.   Is the ability to set the initial view not an option to documents viewed in a web browser?  And I have the same experience on two separate W10 machines - which makes me think it is not an issue with a particular PC.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines