• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still Need Help - Multi-line text field - text doesn't show up after first line?

Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that this is a repost of a question from yesterday, but when I reviewed the staff answer I received overnight (and still had issues) the forum wouldn't let me post a reply to the staff's message (there was no reply button found anywhere).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my original post from yesterday:

This is the first time I've ever used Acrobat to create a fillable form.  I think I've got the basics down, but my problem is that I've run into an issue when trying to insert a multi-line text box in my document.

I've created the box to the needed size and set the following in the properties:

• Appearance:  Size - 12  —  Font - Cambria
  • Options:  Both the multi-line & scroll long text boxes are checked

What's happening is that when I attempt to actually use this text box, it isn't working right.  I thought that the settings I used above would allow the text to automatically drop down to a new line and continue typing.  What's happening is that the cursor does automatically drop down to the next line in the box, but the text is invisible. I'm including 2 screenshots to show the section I'm talking about.

This is what it looks like while I'm typing:

Capture1.PNG

This is what it looks like when I click outside of the box:

Capture.PNG

[The full text that I typed into the box was:  The defendant is incarcerated on other felony charges which violates the terms and conditions on his bond.]

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what the staff member replied:

Hi Thebooknerd,

I've created the box to the needed size and set the following in the properties:

• Appearance:  Size - 12  —  Font - Cambria
  • Options:  Both the multi-line & scroll long text boxes are checked

What's happening is that when I attempt to actually use this text box, it isn't working right.  I thought that the settings I used above would allow the text to automatically drop down to a new line and continue typing.  What's happening is that the cursor does automatically drop down to the next line in the box, but the text is invisible. I'm including 2 screenshots to show the section I'm talking about.

Change Appearance: Font Size- Auto

This is what it looks like when I click outside of the box:

Capture.PNG

This is how Output would look like. Even though the text would spread into multi-line while typing, but when you'll click outside or save form then form field content would only appear when you will click inside.

Thanks,

Akanchha

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my current issue:

I changed the font size to Auto as suggested.  While that did allow the full text to show up as needed, the text was decreased in size as the sentence continued instead of keeping the text full-sized and dropping down to a new line when the right margin of the text field was reached.

Screenshot:

Capture2.PNG

As you can see, it also moved the justification of the text to the bottom of the text field instead of the top as I had set it (see original screenshots above from yesterday).

I really need someone to help me figure out how to format this text field so that the following are met:

• I need this box to keep the same sized text without shrinking it to fit a single line as it did in the new screenshot when text size was set to Auto.
  • I need this box to automatically drop down to the next line when the text reaches the right margin of the field.
  • I need the text to be justified at the top of the text field instead of it moving to the bottom like it did in the new screenshot.

Thanks for anyone who can assist me with this!!

PS - Can someone tell me why I'm not seeing Reply buttons on the posts in the forums??

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your other posting:

Multi-line text field - text doesn't show up after first line?

When you have signed in the forum you can see the reply link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

** hanging my head in shame at the lack of common sense I just displayed lol **  THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure it out? I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the font to Times Roman, that worked for me.  I think it just doesn't like the font Cambria because it creates huge spaces between the lines.  If you make the text box taller you'll be able to see the type on the 2nd line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have changed the font multiple times and I'm still experiencing the same issue. Any updates on this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines