• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stitching snippets of pdfs into a single page

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have pdfs with thousands of exam questions. 

I have cropped these pages to make pdfs of single questions which I call snippets.

I would like to choose maybe 10 snippets and put them on a single page and maybe even have them automatically numbered.

I thought I'd find a solution easily but after a month of searching I'm at a loss.

I could do it by copying and pasting the info in edit mode but I want a better solution.

Please help.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no easy way of doing that, as you probably saw. Are the questions all the same size, more or less?

Do they all contain only text, or do they also have images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the snippets are A4 width with various depths. They are all in pdf form with text, equations and diagrams that were exprted from Indesign as a pdf. I want to slide the snippets onto an A4 page with a gap between them until I run out of space so the next snippet starts on the next page. Any hint of a solution would be welcome. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. This will require a complex, custom-made script. If you're interested in hiring someone to develop it for you feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'd be better off modifying the InDesign file. PDF was not meant for this sort of thing. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines