• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Acrobat DC update

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have creative cloud installed for Photoshop. I also have my own copy of Acrobat 10 installed. Creative cloud keeps asking to update to Acrobat DC. I don't want Acrobat DC, so how do I stop the requests to update.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello asnowrose,

You might uncheck "Show notifications" and "Always keep up to date" options in the Creative Cloud Preferences.

screen 011.png

Also, you can run the app once every 30 to 91 days depending on whether you have a monthly or annual subscription.

Hope that helps. Let me know.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubha,

thanks for the info but I only consider this as temporary workaround.

The real problem is that CC should not present an "Acrobat DC" Update for my Acrobat X because this is an upgrade that requires an new purchase.

Regards,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a full Creative Cloud subscription? Or only a subscription to Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Creative Cloud Photography Plan. I do not wish to uncheck the

keep updated because I want my photoshop and lightroom updated as updates

become available. I agree with Michael, this is not an update, it is a new

plan and I don't want it. My Acrobat 10 does everything I need. I tried

using the uninstall in the drop down menu next to the update button but it

uninstalled my Acrobat 10. I'm not happy. If I want to add more programs, I

will update to the full Creative Cloud, but until then, I should not be

harassed. This needs to be fixed and not just a work around that causes me

for work to make sure the programs I am paying for are updated. Do I need

to delete my Acrobat 10 from your registration page, will that help?

Audree

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Test Screen Name <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription to Photoshop but I have also installed the (non subscription) CS6 Design and Web Premium Suite including Acrobat Pro X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, gets very complicated. I agree it shouldn't be prompting. Some mixes of software, subscription and non-subscription seem to be getting almost impossible to do. If the worst thing that happens is an advert, then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This won't work for me either, I use other CC applications which need to be kept up to date. I do want to know when Photoshop has changed. I'm attaching a screen shot -- at the very least Adobe needs to allow you to check a box or something indicating "Yes I've seen that Acrobat DC is available. Don't show it anymore". It pops up every damn day and calling it an "update" is deceptive.

AdobeDC_screenshot.png

I filled out a request for a "stop update" option under the Manage Application menu and a "New Applications" section for programs which for whatever reason they want to promote. Here's the link in case anyone else wants to make a suggestion Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Also at CC prompting to update Acrobat XI to Acrobat DC when user doesn't actually have Acrobat DC on their ...

one user posts:

What Creative Cloud subscription do you have? Creative Cloud full subscribers can use Acrobat Pro DC. But there is a bug, a nasty one, where it does not handle a mixture of subscribed and paid products well, and assumes you can update the paid product even if you have a single product subscription that does not allow it.

Maybe someone will track down the problem eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution to this? It's driving me crazy! I have many paid for licenses of Acrobat XI Pro at my office, and one license of XI Pro student/teacher at home because I teach at a university. The student/teacher license version has recently started showing a pop-up window thanking me for "trying Acrobat XI" and telling me to buy "Acrobat Pro DC" with buttons to "Buy Now," "License This Software" or "Continue Trial."  I have a paid license to XI Pro and I am not using a Trial. Every 30 minutes or so I have to close the pop-up window! VERY ANNOYING Adobe!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW.  I placed MY Adobe XI on MY new laptop and googled how to stop this annoying popup everyone here is complaining about and Adobe doesn't care.  They want us all to convert to DC and can care less that we are annoyed.  

Clearly, this is an annoying tactic that will NEVER go away because the intent is to switch everyone to a subscription based service and that's just how it is...

PROPS to Adobe vs. Microsoft though.  A lot easier to put Adobe XI on a new laptop vs. Microsoft Office 2013.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Even I try to "Desinstall" the upgrade nothing happens and the update keep showing again and again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I have the Creative Cloud Photography Plan as well as a full version of CS 5.5 including Acrobat Pro X.

I keep being reminded to update my Acrobat Pro X to Acrobat DC but I need to uninstall Acrobat Pro X first.

Is this a free update or a con to try and get the unsuspecting to take out a higher plan at more cost?  Adobe do not make this clear but I suspect it is a con from other posts I have read.  Would anyone like to clarify?

Really not impresses with Adobe over this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly isn't a free update. I think it's a mistake. Definitely don't uninstall Acrobat Pro X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar thing here - I have CS6 Master suite and have installed a few of the free offerings via Creative Cloud. I also have the latest Acrobat Reader DC installed. Actually on two computers - and on both I will get a number of prompts during the day from Creative Cloud to update Acrobat DC. I first assumed this was an update for the Reader - followed through on the prompts... nothing seemed to change except days later where the hell did my Acrobat Pro X go!

Pain in the arse installing one application from the CS6 Master suite DVD - takes forever!

While I obviously could turn off notifications - I still like getting notified for updates to "Previous Versions".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might as well turn off update notifications now. CS6 is very recently EOL (end of life) and there will be no more updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"CS6 is very recently EOL"
Got 5 CS6 updates today

Went the path to subscribe for CC today and of course that little reminder nag goes away. Time to charge my clients more anyway.

TBH I have never seen an official "yes we are aware of an issue and are attempting to find a resolve as quickly as possible" from Adobe. At least Microsoft puts a little spin out to placate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be no answer to this problem although (because I have also asked this question elsewhere on the Adobe forums) there seems to be many users/customers having this problem.

I have an Adobe CC Photographer's subscription and a licensed Acrobat XI. I DO NOT WANT Acrobat DC. But I keep getting prompted to "update" my Acrobat DC. If I try to "uninstall" it uninstalls my Acrobat XI!

Adobe 'reps' just give us garbage replies, I'm afraid. It's frustrating & annoying. How I'd like to get rid of the whole thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same situation as pwgallagher and agree with everything he said!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Acrobat X Pro installed and Photography CC subscription.

Platform Mac OSX 10.11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here.  Just installed photoshop CC (free for year because I was a Revel subscriber).  I never had ACROBAT pro and only have Acrobat Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1)  problem is NOT answered

2)  Happens even if you have only Adobe Reader installed.  I have run the tools that are suppose to remove all traces of Acrobat but still have this problem

The problem is now even more annoying after some sort of update of CC.  I now regularly am getting a popup pushing that I need to update.  Only have the Reader DC installed and Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me! only tried Acrobat DC once, never bought it. Still keeps asking to upgrade! Uninstall is not working…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say uninstall is not working. What happens when you try to uninstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selecting "Uninstall" removes Acrobat XI. We do not want to do that. We want to keep our non subscription Acrobat XI installed without being nagged to upgrade to Acrobat DC because we do not have a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines