• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Task Pane from Resetting

Engaged ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue, but it's been happening more often now. I like a specific task pane configuration (Workspace) within Acrobat. It seems like it no longer is retaining that info as well and continually will reset to the default.

Is there a way to stop this behavior?

If not, is there a place on my computer that these settings are stored? I'm running the latest version of DC Pro on Windows 10. I tried replacing the user prefs in the roaming app data, but that doesn't seem to work.

I'd be happy with a workaround, so if I can at least copy a file in the proper configuration, it would take a lot less time than having to individually add each tool and then organize it where I want it.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry  for the toruble. As described Acrobat is not retaining a specific task pane configuration.

After setting the particular task pane configuration please go to Edit > Preferences > Documents > Select 'Restore last view settings when reopening documents' > Click OK and reboot the application and check.

Also you may refer to the help articles listed below and see if that helps:

1. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/viewing-pdfs-viewing-preferences.html#preferences_for_viewi...
  2. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/workspace-basics.html#set_preferences

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This response is nonsensical and did not work.

First, and foremost, I don't see anywhere where the original poster mentioned anything about 'reopening documents' and in my case, it occurs whether I'm reopening a previous document, or a new document, my task pane resets about once a month and it doesn't matter what file I open, it remains at the default until I change it.

Secondly, what does the view settings have to do with the task pane. Last time I checked, zoom, page location, etc. has nothing to do with the task pane so why would "restore last view settings" have to do with the task pane.

Why not ask clarifying questions, or provide an answer to the actual question in place of leaving a nonsensical answer and call it resolved... oh right, I forgot, you don't get your resolution bonus if you don't resolve the issue.

So, why does Adobe reset my task pane once a month, and how does one go about stopping adobe from resetting my task pane, wasting my time each month having to restore it to how I want it kept?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does you mean with "task pane" ? Or does you mean the tools pane?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummmm... seriously.  Well, according to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, the task pane is the right pane that holds shortcuts to the tools.  You know, the pane that has an icon at the bottom and has the tool tip of "Hide Task Pane", that hides the pane when you click it... Considering that the original poster called it the Task Pane, and described the exact same issue I'm encountering, I believe it is called the task pane.

It is this pane that keeps resetting to the default.  As you can see from the below screenshot, I use very minimal tools, but I use them constantly. Therefore, having to hunt for these tools from a list is time consuming, especially when I am dealing with hundreds of PDFs a week.

So, what can be done to stop it from resetting back to the default?

Task Pane.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . . annnnd--Crickets.

To me, you guys described our issue quite well. And it is still occurring.

Hoping, after so long, there is an answer. Maybe posted somewhere and I've simply overlooked it?

So, any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @DrDaveJ 

Hope you are doing well and am sorry for the delayed response.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version, go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20310 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines