• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Streamed MP4 file within Interactive PDF goes black in Window s 10

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've recently had to create an interactive PDF with mp4 content included. However when I try to run it in Windows 10 the picture box just goes black? it works fine on Mac (although I cannot get it to loop). Is this some kind of codec issue? or an incompatibility issue with Windows? I get the same problem if I either run it as a streamed url or as an embedded local mp4. I'm totally aware of the flash scenario, does anybody know what's happening? I'm new to pc's so am a little lost... Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC
Just delete the acrobate reader folder - worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Really not cool from adobe, but for me the issue was that adobe used my internal nvidia graphics card and it actually worked if you make adobe use your internatl cpu graphics (windows- graphic settings - energy saving mode) 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

Hope you are doing ewll and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to play the video in  Windows OS on your computer but the same plays well on MAc.

You can play the MOV, M4V, 3GP, and 3G2 video files that use H.264 compression in PDFs created using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader or earlier. It also includes MP3, and MP4 files.

Note: You must have H.264 codecs installed on your computer to play files that use H.264 compression.

For more information about playing Audio, video and multimedia formats in PDF please check out the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/playing-video-audio-multimedia-formats.html

Thanks

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply, I'm still unsure as to which H.264 Codecs I need to download? there are a lot, I tried downloading a pack of H.264 Codecs and still the mp4s within the Acrobat interactive PDF are just black screens. Can you send me a link to the correct Codecs for Windows 10 so that I download the right ones? At this point PDFs will not play mp4s (streaming or encapsulated) in Windows 10...

Thanks

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen quite a few posts with MP4 playing in PDF being an issue.  I haven't seen any single answer that addresses it completely.  I've seen posts where two computers in the same room, same software installed played the files differently, lending one to believe that 3rd party codecs and 3rd party players may play a role in how/if they play.  I'm following this, and hope someone can come up with a solid explanation & solution.

Are you able to try the file on a different Windows machine?  

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting option, I’ll try it on a laptop PC Dave. I’ll keep you posted,
this is all incredibly frustrating as I’ve had to explain to my client yet
again (back in the day I used Adobe content manager) that Adobe have pulled
out of a tried and trusted piece of software...--
thanks
Andy

Andy Carrol
[P.I Removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ı cant play mp4 in the pdf , ıt is sad that adobe dosent answer about this problem 

just black screen with green lines with audıo 

SO   adobe ?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs with all the PDFs with Video. Please try with a different PDF file with video and see if that works.

For more information about video and supported formates please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/rich-media.html

Regard

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kidding us ? Adobe ? It was not working with mp4 ( i uncheck safety button so it beguns to work ) but WHERE IS THE VIDEO CONTROL BUTTON ?  WHERE IS THE CUT AND TRIM VIDEO OPTION 

We pay every month but you are so untalent that you cant solve mp4 problem for until 2018 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue. Reason I bought Acrobat pro( expensive!!) for Video insert funtion in PDF file.

However, when I plug in Video, my Mp4 file is going to be black out with only sound??

Please let me know that is it any possible to fix?? otherwise I will cancle my payment immidiatlly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still do not have a solution to this ???? .... Adobe, this is very unfortunate ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issuse. In fact, I tried it on my desktop Win10 - black box. I tried it on my laptop, it worked! I then tried the same file 10 minutes later on the same laptop - black box??? This makes me think that Adobe Acrobat or Windows may be downloading a codec or update that is somehow incompatible. Honestly, how hard is it to play an mp4 file... 

Adobe, it seems your programs are getting worse and less functional? Please focus on getting core functionality right rather than expanding new, silly features most professionals don't use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I contacted support and they virtually deleted the adobe preferences in regedit thus re-instating them after a restart.

The videos now work!

My solution: Delete PREFERENCES via REGEDIT (you may need to look up how to do this) and restart the comp and try. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how will that be done?.... :((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dors media player show up too ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one should I delete?
Thanks.

103728.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC
Just delete the acrobate reader folder - worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muchas gracias, WgngDsgn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about media player ? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ty:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still doesn`t work , please fix this adobe!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem regardless if I add the video in InDesign or in Acrobat. Looks like this has been an ongoing issue for at least five years with no solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really not cool from adobe, but for me the issue was that adobe used my internal nvidia graphics card and it actually worked if you make adobe use your internatl cpu graphics (windows- graphic settings - energy saving mode) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the workaround. My concern is I can't be sure the video will play anywhere other than my local computer. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What year am I in? 1988? I want to make an animated infographic by embedding looped videos of charts into a PDF. THIS SHOULD BE EASY! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines