• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck on "Adobe acrobat Reader" is trying to authenticate user pin box

New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I enter my pin for my CAC the box simply pops back up. I've probably entered in my pino thousands of times by now. I am on a M1 Macbook Air on Big Sur 11.2.3.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, Everytime you enter my pin for my CAC the box simply pops back up

Adobe is actively working to build apps that run natively on Apple computers using the Apple silicon M1 chip. Many of our existing apps can run on M1 devices using Apple's Rosetta 2 technology.

For more information please check the help page - https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an Apple Intel machine. Not a M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing the steps you are doing that leads you to this error?

Also, make sure ou have the recent version 21.11.20039 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I sign any document with DSC, i keep getting this screen "Adobe acrobat reader DC"is trying to authenticate the user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Faced the same issue in my Organization. Figured out a workaround - 
Acrobat Reader (top panel) - Preferences - In the pop-up - Signatures - Identities and Trusted Certificates (button marked More) - ePass 2003 Token - your signature should appear on the list - Select your signature and Click on Usage option on the top and Select "Use for signing" - once selected, close the window. This should enable you to sign your documents. 

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The below specified workaround worked for couple of days. I am back to square one and even if we set the Usage Option, still I get the popup window to enter the PIN. Totally blocked with my work.

Thanks and Regards
Supreetha Padubidri

[P.I Removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, Acrobat restricts the user pin to only 8 characters. Try changing your Epaas2003 pin to 8 characters and try. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have the same problem. This problem appears whenever I try to use my electronic signature. I do not how what pin I should enter. It is really a big trouble as I need my electronic signature to work. 

Is there a real solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dragoș Lucian28355120iwql 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps and the issue you are experiencing?

As you do not remember the pin, please try to create a new electronic signature and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cahnge to 8 character as "Ajay_the_don" mentioned worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines