• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stumped in Indiana. Need help to automatic scroll PDF in full screen.

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a 600 pg ebook using Adobe InDesign covering the history of our Plumbers and Pipefitters Union to celebrate our 125 Year Anniversary. I have converted the file to a PDF and would like to set it on Automatic Scroll, Full Screen and have it run on a flat screen in our Meeting Hall during our Annual Picnic this coming September but have so far been unable to figure out how to make that happen. Please help me out. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mitchp1 That sounds like a great project and congratulations on the Union's anniversary! Have you tried setting the Auto Scroll through the View > Page Display settings? If it scrolls correctly on your screen, it should work fine when projected from your computer at the event. If it isn't working, let us know!

JainLemos_0-1659993843974.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it scrolls fine on a single or 2 page view. Just not on "full screen".
It scrolls on "automatic scroll" fine.
*Mitchell Poynter*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enter Full Screen Mode (Ctrl+L) and then turn on the Automatic Scroll option by pressing Ctrl+Shift+H.

Before you do that, though, go to Edit - Preferences - Full Screen and make sure that "Loop after last page" is ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the Automatic Scroll option doen't cause the document to loop, though. It only works if you enable the Auto Advance option, also under the same Preferences tab, where you can set how many seconds each page will show. Enable those two options and it will work as you described:

try67_0-1660033984450.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you so much. I've been working with the InDesign software for over 2 years, well I've been learning how to use it for over 2 years in order to create the ebook and have so many questions but this is the first time I have utilized this support group. My bad. The members will love seeing this on the flat screen. Thanks again and thanks to all that answered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for all of your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines