• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submit Form mailto sends to the wrong email

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In IndesignCC 2019, I've made a PDF form with a submit form action that sends to the url mailto:email@email.com

I've sent the form to my client, and the form ignores the email I entered, and sends instead to my personal email address. I've tried editing the form in Acrobat, and the form is set to email@email.com, however, it still sends to my personal email.

I'm struggling to understand why a PDF would somehow gather my personal email address, not even my Adobe ID email, and over ride the mailto: command? Any help would be appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us the form field properties in Acrobat?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

formsettings.jpg

Hi Barb,

Sure! I had to swap my client's email for a "test" email for privacy, but rest assured, this is also being overridden by my personal email when saved as an interactive PDF.

I also tried creating a whole new test document and had the same results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us the form field properties in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't make any sense to me. Let me move this over the the Acrobat forum to see someone over there has any ideas.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you send it to them directly, or did you use the Distribute Form command?
Also, do you know what application they're using to fill in and submit the form?
Can you share the actual form with us (using Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, or by attaching it to the original post)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Form in Acrobat Professional and look at the submit action in the form field properties. That't the one that counts. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having this same issue, and nothing I've found online changes it. I have four forms I am trying to update for a client. They have a Submit button that is supposed to email the form back to the client. I've done these forms for him for years, and never had this problem until now. No matter what I do, the form just keeps overriding the Submit button action and wanting to send to my email address instead of his. I tried changing the identity in Preferences, and it ignores that, too. It is not an option to add his email account to my preferences. No client wants to hand over their email account info and password, especially not a tax accountant! Why can't the Submit button I made just send to the address I'm specifying??! This is a BIG problem for people like me, who make forms for OTHER people to use! I'm two days past deadline trying to fix this. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please open the form in Acrobat. Place it "Prepare Form" mode, Open the Properties dialog for the submit button. Then on the Actions tab, tell us which Actions are displayed, and post a screenshot of the specific Action properties.

This will give us the infomation necessary to help figure out this issue. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may have stumbled upon a solution. I was having the same problem with the responses going to the wrong email with no obvoius way to change it. I think it happen because I previously filled out a form on behalf of someone using my computer and I entered their name and email address when submitting the form. After that, responses started going to that email address on future forms.

I create a new form, sent to myself, and re-enter my own email information when sending. After that, submitted forms started going back to my email. So, try sending a form to yourself, submit it back and make sure your email info is entered into the response. At least this is what ended up working for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines