• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly cannot open Acrobat. Prompted to sign in, and then I get a "connect to internet" error.

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am suddenly unable to open Acrobat DC, which I purchased with my laptop in 2015 and registered. It says to sign in, and when I attempt to do so, it says to connect to the internet first even though I am already connected. When I click on customer support, a webpage opens saying my license expired or my version was illegal. I was supposed to have a perpetual license, as far as I knew.  In fact, I can see the serial number I registered when I log in on the website under "Plans and payment"--"Products."

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did customer care said?

Did you contact them and explain the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  First, he suggested I clear my browser history.  Then he suggested I unplug my LAN cable (I use a wireless connection) and restart my computer (I had already tried that).  He said he could not find my "plan" on my account (it is a "product" from 2015 showing as registered on my account).  The he told me to post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you upgraded the operating system that originally came with your laptop and had to reinstall Acrobat 2015?

The end of life and end of support for that version was in 2020.

See more here:

If that version was upgraded before and was tied up with  Creative Cloud services, it is possible that, if you actually did a reinstall, all the mandatory releases that you had before are lost now and there is no way of updating again since there is no more support.

If this would be your case the best approach is to purchase a subscription plan of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (continious release).

However, if my suspicion is not correct, then you may still try the following troublesbooting suggestions:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines