• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sum Not Working - Not Calculation Order Issue

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a budget worksheet for clients that totals the numbers they enter. The first client to use it sent it back to us, and the data she entered did not total up. The form she worked on is attached. Any idea why it didn't work for her?

The original form does total data entered when I try to recreate her data entry, so I'm guessing it is a version issue, or maybe she used a different .pdf viewer. If that is the case, maybe there is something I can do to the form to make it more versatile?

Thank you!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The client should fill the form with Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an issue like that once before. You are using the simple math calculations; so was I, to fix it I had to de-select all the variables and select them again to fix it. I just tried that on your sample work sheet and it worked. Also, the annual amounts are calculated on the one you attached. I used the sample work sheet and it is working. 

When you define the value of the annual amounts, you will have re-define the calculation of the subtotal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I did change a lot of the field names near the end of my work on the form. I am going to try this step first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing wrong with the form. I agree with Bernd, the client probably did not fill it out in Acrobat or Reader. 

If you change a field on the form filled by the client (any field), does on the form do the calculation?

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the form does the calculation for me. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have no formula for the "ConvertedTotal1" field. So if one had a total for the yearly expenses, it is not converted  to a monthly average. For that calulation you will have to write a custom JavaSript calculation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The formula for that field is to multiply the total in the Annual Total field by the content of field 0833, which is set to a default vaule of 0.0833. All of that is a very convoluted way to get Adobe to divide the Annual Total by 12. Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can just divide it by 12 directly... No need to use a separate field for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beside all of the above I would also recommend avoiding naming fields with just digits. It is a great way to cause errors when you use the Simple Field Notation option, as it doesn't know that "12" is the name of a field, not a number...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines