• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface screen blinks when "drawing" comments

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe acrobat pro 2017 (version 2017-011-30156 - says there are no updates to insltall).  When I use draw (pencil) to make comments, the screen blinks every time I go to draw/write a comment.  It happens when I use my mouse (which I do not do much) as well as using the pen on my surface screen.  Is this "blink" of the screen standard?  Any way to make it stop - it is really annoying when editing a document.  It does not seem to happen in other applications (e.g., Word).  I have Windows 10 pro version 1903 (64 bit OS).

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an MS Surface Pro with Acrobat DC Pro (Continuous subscription release) 2019-021.20061 running on Windows 10 (64 bit) 1903.  I don't see the "blink" when using any of the comment tools, including the pencil.

But from your description, it appears that you have a "desktop" license, that is you pay for it once (not a monthly or annual subscription fee), download it, and use it. Updates are very infrequent with that version. It is on a slightly different release track and might indeed have the problem you describe. Hopefully someone else can confirm this problem.

Info about desktop version of Acrobat from the Adobe website:

"Acrobat 2017 desktop software is available as a one-time purchase. It does not include quarterly Acrobat feature enhancements or access to premium Adobe Document Cloud services like Adobe Sign via your web browser and mobile devices."

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem, though I have a Creative Cloud subscription. It's so frustrating, but nothing I've tried has resolved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you seem to solve the problem? I have the same issue and I am using Surface Book 3 and it's very irritating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines