Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

swtitching between tabs in full screen mode

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cannot find any key shortcut to switch between tabs in adobe acrobat reader in full screen mode. In regular mode key combination ctrl + tab works fine, but in full screen doesn't. Can you help me with that?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I understand the situation, as you are looking to switch the tabs in full-screen mode. Unfortunately, this option is not available as once we are in a full-screen mode we are focusing on a particular document at a time. In the regular mode, you can open multiple files in different tabs.

If you are in a presentation and want the two documents to appear as continuous pages you can try to merge the two PDF files into a single document.

Let us know if this works for you.

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal wrote: "Unfortunately, [switching tabs] is not available as once we are in a full-screen mode we are focusing on a particular document at a time."

I disagree. "Focusing on one particular document" is besides the point. I often need to switch between documents, which requires leaving full-screen mode, switching tabs. and re-entering full-screen mode. The unnecessary change between modes wastes time and is visually quite jarring. It's especially annoying on my tablet, where I have to use the tiny menu to switch back to full-screen. All of this take my focus away from my task of comparing and constrasting multiple documents.

Please strongly consider the feature request of allowing tab switching in full-screen. I'm sure your engineers can find a clever way to make it work with touch, too (instead of just ctrl-tab).

Please do your best to fully support as many functions as possible in full-screen mode. My eyes will thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - full screen mode is very useful for reviewing and presenting documents, and being able to switch between tabs in this mode would be invaluable.

It is ofcourse, possible to switch between multiple instances of adobe acrobat running full screen using Alt+TAB. Though ofcourse, is is not as seamless as using Ctrl+TAB to move between tabs, particularly where you have numerous documents you need to move in and out of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't switch using Alt+TAB. The second document opened is blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love the challenge of figuring out a slick solution, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. I'll keep poling away to see if there's a way, though!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines