Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tab Order is Greyed out

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all...

I'm working on a form in Adobe Professional 7 (I know, it's an old computer.) When I go to Forms>Edit Fields the Set Tab Order is grey. I do have some calculations in my form, but otherwise I've deleted all hidden and metadata. Am I going to have to delete all of my calculations in order to reorder my order? *laugh* I have to laugh or I'm going to through this computer out a window. Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you've mentioned, this is a very old version of Acrobat, not compatible with any current OS.

So unless you have something like Windows XP on it you should expect problems such as this one... In other words, it's probably time for an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I figured it on my own.

If you click on "Edit in Acrobat", it seemed to solve the problem.

Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmm…

Calculation order and Tab order is not the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using Acrobat 10 Pro/Win 11 which is a pain for setting tab orders. The document I have created for my client and I am working on is a 243 page form with over 3000 text and dropdown fields that need to be organized for tab order. Just loaded my Acrobat 7 Pro from 12 years ago on my 10 year old Dell XPS15/Win 7 and it is a breeze to set the tab order. Here is how it is done,

- Go to edit mode on Acrobat 7 Pro while working on your document

- Right click on any form field of a page 

- Select "Set Tab Order" from the selection pane (the tab numbers will be displayed on top left corner of each field"

- Click on the first field that you want to be tab number "1". The tab number changes as you click on the field. Stop clicking on the field when desired tab number is displayed. 

- Select the field you want to be tab number "2". Click on the field until the tab numbe "2" is displayed.

- Continue the process untill the tab numbers for all fields are set.

- Go to next page and continue the same process as above.

Hope this helps for those who are having hard time setting the tab order with newer versions of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines