Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Tagged PDF - Failed though the document is tagged

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the subject line! I have a PDF with appropriate tag structure tree in place and seems to be reading well enough in JAWS, but for some reason the Acrobat Pro Accessibility Check flags the item Tagged PDF - Failed. This is the only remaining error.

Any direction suggestion?

For more details, there were two pages that I needed to extract, then create a new, blank page to copy the contents of one page to the new clean page. The reason I did this was because two pages would not allow me to edit content and did not recognize the table tag structures within them. To clear whatever may be causing the error, I resorted to this process. I manually tagged the content once on the new page. I then re-inserted those pages into the main document. I am sure the issue is a result of this process, but cannot trace it. I tested the two extracted pages and they also return the Tagged PDF - Failed as well, though the Tag structure tree is sound in each document, before and after my edits. This is the only error left and I'm stumped.

Going to the  Page Thumbnail panel I checked the properties and read order is set to Use Document Structure.

Thoughts? Any tree you might could redirect me to bark up?

Thanks in advance!

- noel.

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021
Hey! For anyone reading along, I'm apparently an idiot. Should any of you run into a similar issue, an option to fix this is to open the Tags panel and, assuming you've adequately tagged the document, right-click the top-level root "Tags" tag (this should be the first tag you have), and simply check the "Document is Tagged" context menu list item.  After setting that check option to CHECKED, the document no longer fails this one accessibilty check item. WOW. I should have known that. That all se...

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey! For anyone reading along, I'm apparently an idiot. Should any of you run into a similar issue, an option to fix this is to open the Tags panel and, assuming you've adequately tagged the document, right-click the top-level root "Tags" tag (this should be the first tag you have), and simply check the "Document is Tagged" context menu list item. 

After setting that check option to CHECKED, the document no longer fails this one accessibilty check item. WOW. I should have known that. That all seems fairly logical, NOW, but stuck in the middle of it all it's hard to get perspective. Lesson 2? Step away from time to time and answers can sometimes manifest themselves.

🙂

Oh well. Thanks for reading!

- noel

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines