• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text affected by flattening

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to flaten a document in Acrobat (in Flattener Preview), but unfortunatelly, this affects the text near the images in some cases. I think that the color numbers of the text are changing and so it appears thinner or lighter.

Can you tell me, please, how can I solve this problem in Acrobat?

The reason is that I edited this document a lot in Acrobat by using 3rd party plugins (contrast, brightness etc.), so I don't want to go back to Indesign now, where I originally created this document.

I've already used this PDF for book printing, so it works fine as it is, as long as the printer does not require flattening.

Unfortunatelly, some printers may still require that or they may flaten the document without even asking you, which can create problems if the document is messy (if the transparency blend space is set wrongly).

I had such a bad experience, so I don't want to leave the flattening to the printer (fortunatelly, that was just a digital test print).

Thank you

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a particular need for flattening this document if you're using it for book printing?

The thing is that Adobe Acrobat is a PDF editor and it won't handle some of the tasks that you need in the same way as an image editor.

However, you may still be able to work around some elements with the Preflight tool:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/correcting-problem-areas-preflight-tool.html

Or even try with Adobe Illustrator.

But what happens if you print this document  as an image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines